- This event has passed.
Latte Art Throwdown!!!
November 17, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
JOIN US AT OUR FIRST LATTE ART THROWDOWN!!!
Each barista pays $5 to enter, WINNER TAKES ALL! Baristas will compete in a random bracket system, and will be judged on the following:
- Difficulty of pour: Did they simply pour a 3 tier tulip or did they add a wave base at the bottom which would increase the difficulty?
- Execution: A crazy pour done badly should never beat someone that did something simple but perfect.
- Symmetry: Is the design symmetrical? If using cups with handles does it align perpendicular to the handle?
- Contrast: Does the white pop out from the dark well? Washed out designs aren’t very pleasing to the eye.
- Creativity: Did they use a weird size like 3oz (demitasse) or a 4oz (cortado / Gibraltar). Did they do a swan / Phoenix pour? If so, always refer to point #2.
Doors open at 6:30pm, pours start at 7:00pm.